Role: Database Developer (MY SQL)
Experience: 2 to 7
Salary: No Disclosed
- Bachelor’s Degree/relevant degree in Computer Engineering or Technology
- Experience engineering and managing MySQL database server for high traffic applications
- Deep expertise in designing and maintaining MySQL
- Experience in debugging time critical DB problems like deadlock analysis and transaction locking
- Understand database design principles including normalization and aggregation for online and data warehouse schemas to support the needs of application developers.
- Design, plan, and develop programs to optimally extract, transform, and load data between data sources.
- Diagnose and resolve database performance issues.
- Maintain developed source code in the repository for all databases and keep all build programs up to date.
- Be responsible for overall development success (inclusive of peer/code reviews, adherence to corporate standards, build process guidelines, maintainability, unit tests) of the project.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate unit test cases are created and enacted.
- Ensure appropriate and detailed documentation for developed modules.
- Strong knowledge on SQL Joins and MySQL programming techniques. (View, functions, procedures etc).
- Strong knowledge on Database design patterns.
- Strong knowledge on writing queries used for front-end reporting applications (reporting app, websites, business logics)
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements, research data and build appropriate reporting deliverables.
- Hands-on optimizing large SQL statements for better reporting.
- Hands-on on tools to troubleshoot and profile queries to optimize.
- Good to Have Knowledge on code versioning tool. (exbitbucket, GitHub)
- SQL developer Certification on any of relational databases (like MSSQL, Oracle)
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational database
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQLs underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL